Thursday, January 5, 2012

Alter-G'd UP


WOW! I am lost for words after running on the Alter-G treadmill for the first time this week. I got a quick tutorial on how to use the treadmill Tuesday, and had about 5 mins to play on it before my session was up, so I just went to town. Set the treadmill as fast as it could go, set the body wt % as low as i could stand it (the pressure on the goods gets unbearable to a certain point) and I was off.

For those of you who have never heard of the Alter-G or have no idea what it is, let me fill you in. It is a super high tech advanced treadmill that allows you to run at a lighter weight. What you do is you put on these wader esq shorts that are similar to a wetsuit that doesnt go below your knees. After you have the shorts on, you step into the machine, zip your shorts to the outer chamber. The machine will calibrate the pressure to your weight and height, which takes about 10 seconds, and once it is ready, you are good to go. From this point on it is just like any treadmill you have ever run on, except for the fact that you can literally adjust your running body weight.


When I was testing it out the other night, I set it to 50% of my body weight and plugged in at 12 mph (5 min per mile pace) and was chugging along very comfortably. I couldnt believe it! The machine will allow you to run at 25% of your body weight, which is unreal! But i think it was designed for women, because anything past 50% just starts to feel like a vice between the legs because of the pressure. But seriously, If you ever get the opportunity to run on one of these things, do not pass it up...It is a life changing experience!

I just wanted to spread my excitement to my 3 followers before I hit the hay for the night! Cant wait to go back for a full session rather than 5 mins :)


No comments:

Post a Comment